Trump revives attacks on ‘Morning Joe’ hosts, calling them ‘FAKE NEWS’

President Donald Trump on Friday revived his attacks on the “Morning Joe” hosts, one day after being widely condemned by fellow Republicans and other critics for crudely tweeting that Mika Brzezinski had a “low I.Q.” and had been “bleeding badly from a face-lift.”

“Watched low rated @Morning_Joe for first time in long time. FAKE NEWS. He called me to stop a National Enquirer article. I said no! Bad show,” Trump tweeted.

Trump’s latest missive came after Brzezinski and co-host Joe Scarborough wrote an op-ed in The Washington Post published Friday morning in which they said the president “is not mentally equipped to continue watching our show.”

They also addressed the issue of an alleged National Enquirer story-in-the-works, writing, “This year, top White House staff members warned that the National Enquirer was planning to publish a negative article about us unless we begged the president to have the story spiked. We ignored their desperate pleas.”

The hosts have also questioned whether Trump has truly stopped watching their show, as the president has claimed, considering how he has repeatedly attacked them for some of their on-air comments.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s